Thursday, October 2, 2008

The always proud matriarch

It is images like these that make you realize just how much someone means to you. I remember the consejos and diligence that my grandmother would exhude toward her grandchildren and children always. She was always proud and made you feel special in her little ways whether it was a face or kind gesture.
Ella verdaderamente era una mujer a quien imitar y amar ya que tenia amor para todo el mundo and in some way we were all her favorites in our own way. It's funny but I can hear her now, "Ya vamonos Chole. Ya vamonos que se estad haciendo tarde." What I wouldn't give to tuch those soft wrinkly hands again . . . and tell her I love her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of her, you can see how proud she is.

LETICIA said...

Hi gabby:THANK YOU sooo much for setting this website up. We actually met right before you and your sister left my tio chava's house. Hopefully we will be able to get to know each other this way. Well hope to keep in touch with you and your fam. My Tia Lupe was a very special person to me because like you a big part of my childhood was spent with her and her smiles, laughter, jokes and special stories. I love her so much. And because she reminded me so much of my mom,I will never forget her.My kids feel as if they know her because of how much I spoke of her.